.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Build Relationship Build Income
http://brbIncome.blogspot.com

"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
~Zig Ziglar

"In order for things to change, YOU must change." ~Jim Rohn

*Build Relationship and Build Income Faster.
*Modify your methods to serve and mentor other people.
*DESIGN THE LIFE you want and GET THERE FASTER through networking for others.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

I told my friend no, I think
This morning I sent a response to a friend who wants to involve me
in his business opportunity.  I am not against network marketing per
se.  I am concerned about how a lot of those opportunities do
business.  I'm also disappointed by people who paint with too
broad a brush and lump all of them together. 
 
I even had trouble with BlogExplosion this morning because they
assumed that this blog was about a business opportunity.  If I can't
get them to accept this blog, I'll have to use someone else's services
and I certainly will encourage people to do business with people
with whom I do business. 
 
I am quite simply, a networker, in the connective sense.  I help
people meet people to further their enterprises, goals, and interests.
I don't like that so many network marketers have co-opted the term
"networker" and created a misnomer.I am also not close-minded
about network marketing, but I understand that there are many
people who aren't interested in that distribution model as an income
source for themselves.
 
Here's my edited note to my friend:
 
Hello Bobby

I honestly don't think your company is for me.  You need to
realize that I was exposed to it four years ago and chose not to
participate.  One of the challenges with network marketing is that many
people won't take no from others and so many people are soured on
network marketing in general for just that reason.  I also have been
re-introduced to the concept previously by other people I know and I've
let them know that I'll refer people to them when I come across them.

Another challenge with network marketing is that many people involved
ignore "markets".  They treat just about everyone as a potential
customer.  I am involved with a company that I feel is simple enough and
inexpensive enough that virtually anyone over the age of 18 in North
America can participate and expect to do well.  Also, the market that I am
interested in realizes that many people don't want to spend the time to
go to another meeting if they have to leave their house AND spend more
of their gas, which is not getting cheaper.  You and I may simply be
going after two different market segments.

You say that you like my knowledge about using the internet as a tool.
Does that mean you simply admire my tenacity or the aesthetics of what
I'm doing?  Or would you like to actually learn how to use the tools I
use?  One of those tools is the online contact manager I showed you 
and I use it because it's a bridge between the internet and relationship
building.  I think huge numbers of people like receiving greeting cards.
Many people already receive too many emails to give each one an
effective look, so a postcard or greeting card is a way to stand out in
their minds.  THAT'S part of an effective marketing strategy.

One thing that's huge for me is relationship.  Most companies in network
marketing don't do this right, in my opinion.  They build a system where
they essentially tell people "do it our way and don't debate."  They
need to pay attention to how their system affects relationships and
modify their way of doing business to preserve relationships.  In
relationships, we actually listen to each other, we don't simply debate
away "points".

The truth of who I am is that I want the best for you and your family,
no matter which path you choose.  I believe that the best includes in
large part, healthy relationships with friends, family, busiiness
associates, acquaintances and God.  I want you to fulfill what you're
here for.  I also want that for me and mine.

And, I honestly don't believe that all business systems are designed
with that in mind.

So, I  suggest that you read my MAIN blog.  I've said a lot there about
relationship and networking.  Let me know what you think of what you
read there.  [Yes, it's imperfect - a work in progress with warts.]

http://brbIncome.blogspot.com

Have a great day!

Charlie
 
Powered By Qumana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home